5 individuals have been arrested late final month for allegedly making an attempt to sneak drugs and weapons over the provincial border between Quebec and Ontario, OPP say.
On the evening of Could 26, OPP have been known as to the Lengthy Sault Bridge in Hawkesbury, Ont., to reply to a car on the border checkpoint.
Police say 5 individuals contained in the car have been carrying hashish, a loaded nine-millimetre handgun and a loaded clean revolver.
OPP charged Redha Merzoug and Richer Ngoc-Nguyen, each 20 from Montreal, and Ala-Eddine Hichem Benaadi, 22, Brohim Oudha, 20, and Ryad Tazibet, 22, all from St-Leonard, Que., with the next:
- occupant of motorized vehicle realizing there was prohibited or restricted firearm within the car
- possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- unauthorized possession of a firearm
- information of unauthorized possession of firearm
- possession of a firearm, obtained by crime
- three counts of possession of a property obtained by crime
- transport firearm or ammunition in a careless method
- transport firearm or restricted weapon
- carrying a hid weapon
- possession of weapon for harmful function
Benaadi was additional charged with failing to adjust to a probation order and Ngoc-Nguyen was moreover charged with obstructing a peace officer.
Ontario police arrange checkpoints alongside borders, start turning away non-essential vacationers
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.