Seventeen new instances of COVID-19 and one other outbreak at a daycare setting have been reported within the Peterborough space on Wednesday afternoon.
In keeping with Peterborough Public Health’s COVID tracker at 4:14 p.m., there are 121 energetic instances, up from 106 reported on Tuesday. Per week in the past on Might 12 there have been 79 energetic instances.
Variant instances surpassed 600 on Wednesday, now at 605 in comparison with 593 reported on Tuesday afternoon. There have been 515 variant instances on Might 12. The primary confirmed variant case within the well being unit’s jurisdiction was reported on Feb. 23. The well being unit serves Peterborough, Peterborough County, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation.
There have been a further three resolved instances reported since Tuesday, placing whole recoveries at 1,284. They make up roughly 90 per cent of the well being unit’s 1,423 cumulative instances for the reason that pandemic was declared in March 2020. The well being unit stories Wednesday one case was faraway from a earlier day.
On Wednesday, the well being unit reported an outbreak on the city-run Peterborough Day Care Centre on Aylmer Avenue. The centre supplies look after 49 kids. The well being unit didn’t present particulars, nevertheless, the province on Wednesday morning reported one employees member had examined constructive.
There are 4 different energetic outbreaks:
- Office in Peterborough County: Declared Monday, Might 18. Case particulars not obtainable
- Office in Peterborough County (No. 9): Declared Sunday, Might 17. Case particulars not obtainable.
- Serving to Arms Daycare in Millbrook in Cavan Monaghan Township: Declared Might 11. Province reported nine cases — six kids and three employees as of Wednesday morning (unchanged since Tuesday).
- Congregate residing facility No. 3 in Peterborough: Declared April 11, no case particulars supplied.
For the reason that pandemic first started, the well being unit has handled 289 COVID-19 instances related to 47 outbreaks — a further three instances since Tuesday’s replace.
Different COVID-19 information for Wednesday afternoon:
- Deaths: 18 — 4 of the deaths have occurred in Might, the newest was reported on Sunday, Might 16. For the reason that pandemic was declared, two deaths have been linked to the Empress Gardens Retirement Residence in Peterborough which was declared over final week. One other dying was linked to the Severn Court Student Residence outbreak in February in Peterborough whereas three have been tied to a November 2020 outbreak at Fairhaven long-term care in Peterborough.
- Hospitalizations: not less than 63 instances have required hospitalized care for the reason that pandemic was declared — unchanged since Tuesday. 13 required the intensive care unit, unchanged since Might 12. They make up 0.9 per cent of all of the well being unit’s instances.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: reports as of Wednesday, there are eight COVID-19 inpatients — unchanged since Tuesday, Might 18. There have been not less than 75 affected person transfers from different areas (two extra since Tuesday, Might 18).
- Shut contacts: 373, up from 360 reported Tuesday.
- Trent College: reports one worker has examined constructive. The college says the worker was final on the Peterborough campus on Might 13. “Public Well being has suggested the chance to our campus neighborhood is low.”
- Fleming College: reports no instances associated to its Sutherland Campus within the metropolis.
- Greater than 51,550 individuals have been examined for COVID-19.
Vaccination appointments have to be made through the provincial name centre at 1-833-943-3900, obtainable each day 8 a.m. to eight p.m. or anytime online.
Peterborough pharmacies providing a vaccine to eligible recipients: Costco Pharmacy at The Parkway; Walmart and Rexall, each on Chemong Street; and Excessive St. Guardian. Appointments are required and may be made by calling the respective pharmacies.
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.